***The Genres/themes for 2019’s Fierce Tales Anthologies will be announced January 2019***
“Fantastic Tales of the Future: Beyond the Barrier” Summer 2019
You keep copyright and all rights associated with the story. You give Millhaven Press first North American print rights.
- Stories should be between 10,000-20,000 words (we may accept something shorter than 10,000 words or something longer than 20,000 but it has to be phenomenal).
- Do not submit a story for reprint. We are only interested in previously unpublished material (a story published on a personal blog is ok).
- No simultaneous submissions. Please do not submit the story to another outlet while waiting for a response from us.
- Use an easily readable font, double-space as .doc or .docx. Send as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a cover letter with contact information. Use story title, genre and approximate word count in the subject header of the e-mail.
Not all submitted stories will be published. Stories are chosen solely by the publishers. We will read all submissions and respond with an acceptance or rejection letter via e-mail (Generally, within 2 weeks after the submission closing date). If accepted, a standard royalty contract will be sent shortly after the closing submission deadline for that issue.
Each contributor will receive one free reader copy delivered to the address listed in the contact information.
Compensation: This is a royalty based publication (split after cost).
- 15% for fiction writers.
- 10% For cover artist (plus a $50 fee paid upon delivery of accepted design).
Payment will be made via PayPal (no exceptions). Royalty payments will be made at the end of each quarter. Payments will be made by the 7th day of January, April, July, and October